Shipping & Handling Policy
Please be advised that we cannot ship any merchandise to PO Box addresses.
Truck Freight - Large & Oversized Items
Items shipped via truck freight are delivered to curbside or driveway only. Most carries will contact you to set up a delivery time, usually a 2-4 hour appointment window during business hours. As such, it is the customer's responsibility to provide an accurate contact phone number for the delivery address. At the time of delivery, the driver will require that you inspect the condition of the shipment and sign the delivery receipt. Be sure to note on the receipt ANY and ALL visible damage to the packaging of your item(s). Noting the condition of the delivery is the responsibility of the customer - not the driver. If the carrier is unable to contact the customer, the customer will then be responsible for any storage fees or freight charges back to the shipper. See our Return Policy section for full details.
A customer may choose to make a purchase placed online available for pickup at our store. If you wish to pick up your purchase, we will contact you via phone or email when your product is ready for your visit. Orders that are arranged to be picked up will be charged in full once the merchandise arrives at the showroom - not when it is picked up.
Shipping Lead Times
North Coast Lighting, LLC strives to provide its customers with the most accurate information on product availability using the tools and resources made available by the manufacturers we represent. The lead times that are posted on the individual product pages are estimates only. These times are estimated based on the assumption that the item in question is currently in stock with the manufacturer and on the manufacturer's typical speed at which orders are processed and shipped. If your purchase or project is time sensitive, it is strongly suggested that you contact a store associate at 800-808-2943 to inquire about expedited shipping services. North Coast Lighting, LLC is not responsible for any costs associated with shipment delays. We strongly suggest that any professional services required to install your product(s) not be scheduled until your order has arrived and been inspected.
Your privacy is important to North Coast Lighting, LLC. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that North Coast Lighting, LLC's online catalog and commerce system collects, and the ways in which North Coast Lighting, LLC uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
North Coast Lighting, LLC may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
Using personal information
- information about your use of this website
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website
- information about transactions carried out over this website
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services and any other information that you send to North Coast Lighting, LLC.
North Coast Lighting, LLC may use your personal information to:
- administer this website
- personalize the website for you
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- send to you products that you purchase
- supply to you services that you purchase
- send you statements and invoices
- collect payments from you
- send you marketing communications
Where North Coast Lighting, LLC discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, North Coast Lighting, LLC may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
North Coast Lighting, LLC will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. North Coast Lighting, LLC will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. North Coast Lighting, LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact North Coast Lighting, LLC
North Coast Lighting, LLC
5500 E. 81st Avenue
Merrillville, IN 46410
Your Satisfaction is our Number One Goal. At North Coast Lighting, LLC, we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, and exactly what you want. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come. On the occasion that you receive a product that you just don't like or that doesn't match your decor, our experienced customer service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy. Customers who place orders online are responsible for the accuracy of their product selection and information entered. Customers who place orders by phone or in-store must review their receipt for accuracy within 24 hours.
Note: If your product has arrived damaged or doesn't work properly, please refer to the "Damaged & Defective Goods Policy" below.
- Acquire authorization and instructions: To begin the return process, please call online sales at 800-808-2943. In most cases we will email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number to return product along with return instructions.
- Shipping product back: Ship the item to the warehouse address listed on the return authorization. Below are the keys to a successful return:
- Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material.
- Use the return label provided or your own label and write the RGA# exactly as instructed by our staff. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
- Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to the warehouse address provided using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered. Please do not ship USPS because they do not provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm delivery of your item, this may result in the denial of a refund.
- Tracking Number: We recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number as this will speed up your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to the issuing store associate so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to the warehouse, please contact our store and provide us with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
- You will have 7 days in which to return the product from the date that we receive approval from the manufacturer. After 7 days, the Return Authorization will expire and no replacements or refunds will be given. In the event that a return becomes damaged on its way back to the return destination, we will inform you via email or phone that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 15 days. It is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct us concerning what to do with the damaged product. If we have not received notification or response from the customer within 14 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.
- Refunds: Once the returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, the refund credit process will begin. Customers will be refunded, less the restocking and freight charges, via the same method in which the item was purchased or via check from North Coast Lighting, LLC. Refunds via check are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval.
Items returned without the proper RGA# or sent to the wrong warehouse are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items not eligible for returns/credit include:
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
- Special purchases, including: clearance items, inventory sale items, etc.
- Any item that has been assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires), modified or used in any way.
- Any item that is not in resalable condition.
- Any item not accompanied by a Return Goods Authorization Number (RGA#) issued by North Coast Lighting, LLC. Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
- Large orders: (Orders containing 6 or more of a single item or orders with an invoice total greater than ,000). When ordering large quantities, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation.
- Light bulbs, parts, and shades.
- Any item not purchased from North Coast Lighting, LLC
- Shipping & handling charges.
We understand that a product may get damaged in transit or, on occasion, there may be a manufacturer product defect. Rest assured, we will stand by you during this process and make sure we do everything we can to bring it to a satisfying and timely conclusion - at no expense to you. For us to offer this level of service, however, we need a little help from the customer in the form of a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery. This will make things much easier if you decide to return the item.
Small Package Deliveries
For smaller UPS or FedEx deliveries that are damaged in transit, instead of refusing the package, please contact our store immediately. If damages are reported within 7 days for UPS or FedEx deliveries, we can file a claim on behalf of the customer and work to quickly resolve it. Please be aware that replacements or refunds can be hindered or denied if the customer fails to notify North Coast Lighting, LLC of defective or damaged merchandise within two business days of receipt.
Large Package Deliveries
Immediate inspection is especially important when receiving large items (such as a chandelier, large pendant, or glass items) from common freight carriers. In this case, it is important to notate any damage on the bill of lading or receipt when you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged. Customers who sign for delivery and do not notate "damage" assume responsibility if merchandise is damaged. If the product itself appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. Please notify our store of refusal so we can anticipate the return and send out a new item. North Coast Lighting, LLC will repair or replace the damaged or defective goods for no additional charge. If a return is desired instead of replacement, the "Standard Return Policy" above applies and there may be a restocking fee and our initial shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit. Failure to follow return procedure for the damaged item may result in a charge for the free replacement item. Returned items that are found to be in working condition or shipped as ordered may not be eligible for a refund. In such a case North Coast Lighting, LLC will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense or be refunded with a 50% restocking fee and store credit.
If you would like to cancel an order that has not shipped from our store or the manufacturer, simply contact one of our sales associates at 800-808-2943. Then, we will submit a request to the manufacturer for cancellation. Shortly after, you will receive an email acknowledging your cancellation request followed by another email either confirming the cancellation or stating that we were unable to cancel. Please allow up to 24 hours for confirmation of cancellation. Please be aware that some items may have already shipped from our store or the manufacturer and be in route for final delivery to you. In such a case, cancellation fees may apply. Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, rerouted or redirected. If you would like to return the item, you will need to follow the "Standard Return Policy". Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a 50% restocking fee. A delivery refusal may also result in the loss of your product and may void any possibility of a refund. You may also be charged for roundtrip shipping costs. Some items that are custom made or built-to-order cannot be cancelled.
Items on Backorder
If you are cancelling an order due to backorder, we recommend you first call our store to verify the accuracy of the date before making your final decision. There are times when manufacturers have stated items as backordered, only to find that they have already shipped or are going out the next day. On the other hand, if the item is truly unavailable for an extended period, we sincerely apologize for the delay. Please note that since a cancellation request is time sensitive, please do not email or leave voice messages regarding your intention as it may slow the process down. It is important that you get a hold of a store associate directly at 800-808-2943.
Term and Conditions of Sale
AGREEMENT: By placing your order or requesting a quote, you confirm that the following terms and conditions of sale are the legal agreement governing your purchase, and that no changes or additional or different terms will apply unless you have previously established a different written contract for these purchases with North Coast Lighting unless North Coast Lighting has posted additional terms and conditions for the particular purchase you make.
PRICES AND TAXES: You agree to pay the prices, shipping and handling charges, taxes and duties quoted by us. We will collect applicable taxes unless you have submitted a tax exemption certificate, and have indicated which items are covered by it. Prices on special-order products that we cannot ship from our stock may be subject to change before shipment; we will notify you of any change, and you may cancel your order without charge if the revised prices are unacceptable.
PAYMENT: If you are a Credit Card Customer, you agree to pay at the time of purchase the prices, shipping and handling charges, taxes and duties quoted by us. If you are a North Coast Lighting Account Holder, then you agree to pay invoices within 30 days from our invoice date, or upon such other terms approved by us in writing. Any order from you represents that you are solvent. If we believe that your financial condition requires it, we reserve the right to require full or partial payment prior to manufacture or shipment. If you fail to make any payment when due, (1) we reserve the right to suspend performance and (2) you agree to pay a charge on the amount past due at the rate of 1 ½% per month (18% per year) or the maximum lawful rate, whichever is less. In the event of non-payment, you agree to pay us reasonable attorney's fees and court costs, if any, incurred by us to collect payment and interest charges.
TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE: You take title and responsibility for risk of loss or damage at the point of shipment.
QUOTATIONS: Our quotation through a web site, by e-mail or other communication expires thirty (30) days from the date of the quotation. This time limit applies even if you use our quote to submit a job or project bid to your customer. Unless otherwise noted on our quotation, it may be withdrawn earlier by us if prior to your customer's acceptance of your bid, subject to the minimum lawful period.
RETURN OF PRODUCTS AND ORDER CANCELLATION: We will accept returns, within thirty days of shipment, of normal stock products that have not been used, for exchange or refund of the purchase price. On items that you return to us, or which you want to cancel, you will be liable for a restocking or cancellation fee equal to the amount that North Coast Lighting incurs from its supplier or 25% of the price to you, whichever is greater and all shipping charges. All sales are final on products purchased from the North Coast Lighting "Clearance Section", as these are surplus items.
INTERPRETATION RESPONSIBILITY: When plans and specifications are involved, you are responsible to verify our interpretations of them. When substitutes are offered by us on any proposal, you are responsible for their acceptability.
DELIVERY: Factory shipping dates given in advance of actual shipment are approximate and not guaranteed.
EXCUSABLE DELAYS: We will have no liability if our performance is delayed or prevented by causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of nature, labor disputes, government priorities, transportation delays, insolvency or other inability to perform by the manufacturer, or any other commercial impracticability.
PRODUCT USE AND SAFETY: WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE PRODUCTS YOU PURCHASE MEET YOUR OR YOUR CUSTOMER'S PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS OR INTENDED USE. BEFORE YOU USE OR INSTALL ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONSULT THE NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE AND ANY PERTINENT LOCAL CODES FOR APPROVED INSTALLATION PROCEDURES AND PRECAUTIONS. NOTHING WE SELL IS FOR USE IN CONNECTION WITH "SAFETY-RELATED" APPLICATIONS OF A NUCLEAR FACILITY OR ANY HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY WHERE FAILURE OF A SINGLE COMPONENT COULD CAUSE SUBSTANTIAL HARM TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: Manufacturers' warranties may apply to the products we sell, and we will use our best efforts to obtain these warranties; however, NORTH COAST LIGHTING IS A DISTRIBUTOR, NOT A MANUFACTURER AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE PRODUCTS THAT WE SELL. ALL ITEMS IN THE NORTH COAST LIGHTING "CLEARANCE SECTION", ARE SOLD "AS IS" AND CARRY NO WARRANTY.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: UNLESS APPLICABLE LAW OTHERWISE REQUIRES, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUPPLIERS TO YOU, YOUR CUSTOMERS OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON, RELATING TO THIS CONTRACT, ITS PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE, FROM THE USE OF THE GOODS FURNISHED OR FROM ANY ADVICE, INFORMATION OR ASSISTANCE PROVIDED (BY ANY METHOD, INCLUDING A WEB SITE), IS LIMITED TO THE PRICE OF THE GOODS GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
ALSO, NEITHER WE NOR OUR SUPPLIERS, WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PENAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO BACKCHARGES; LABOR COSTS; COSTS OF REMOVAL, REPLACEMENT, TESTING OR INSTALLATION; LOSS OF EFFICIENCY; LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES; LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCTS OR ANY ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS; DAMAGE TO ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS; LATENESS OR DELAYS IN DELIVERY; UNAVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS; COST OF CAPITAL; COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, FACILITIES OR SERVICES; DOWNTIME; OR CLAIMS FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS OR OTHER PARTIES TO YOU OR DIRECTLY TO US FOR SUCH DAMAGES.